Framing Techniques for Artists: Matting and Mounting
1 in stock
Picture Framing can be costly. These workshops are for artists, students and hobbyists who want to explore and develop cost effective framing skills for their art. Framing Techniques consist of
two individual sessions that will consist of lecture, demonstrations and ample supervised practice time. Students may elect to take one or both sessions according to their needs and individual skill levels.
Matting and Mounting Techniques, this session will include:
- Types of mat board for two dimensional art
- Mat cutters, How to build your own mat cutter
- Design and layout, How to cut a single and double mat-multiple opening
- Archival matting and hinging, Tapes: what to use and what to avoid
- Dry and wet mounting for two dimensional art
- Materials, tools, suppliers
- Supervised practice time
- Question and answer session.