Framing Techniques for Artists: Framing, Glazing and Fitting
9 in stock
Picture Framing can be costly. These workshops are for artists, students and hobbyists who want to explore and develop cost effective framing skills for their art. Framing Techniques consist of
two individual sessions that will consist of lecture, demonstrations and ample supervised practice time. Students may elect to take one or both sessions according to their needs and individual skill levels.
Framing, Glazing and Fitting Techniques, this session will include:
- panel frames-floater frames box cap profiles
- finishing frames, reusing and refinishing old picture frames
- how to cut and join picture frames
- finishing technique
- the use of spacers for framing
- glass and Plexiglas cutting and cleaning
- backing materials
- fitting your artwork
- types of hardware for hanging your artwork-hanging techniques.
- Materials and tools suppliers
Beginner and intermediate skill levels. Ages 16+