75 in stock
Deepen your understanding of color relationships in this two-part lecture/demonstration series with Peter Clapper.
March 10: Color Relationships: Values
- Look at the interaction of 2 colors as values, and how they work with each other and setup their own reality in an abstract environment.
- Explore the traditional idea of drawing through value and how two simple colors exist in space.
- Discover what is abstraction and what is realism.
- Understand how two colors can be the same value, and at the same time be radically different in color.
The instructor will be demonstrating with collage, as well as with oil paint.
March 17: Color Relationships: Temperature and Saturation
- Look at the interaction of colors as temperature and saturation and learn how the abstract reality they sit in is now more influenced by color than value.
- Study drawing, and how the traditional creation of form in space becomes a more Modernist exercise.
Fridays, March 10 and 17, 2023
10:00 – 11:00 AM